When it comes to your home, it’s important to find experienced, reliable, and professional roofing contractors to help maintain your investment. BRAXCO Roofing and Contracting has a proven track record of reliability, top-quality workmanship, and value-enhancing residential roofing systems. With that being said, not all roofing companies are recommended by many. It’s important to know and understand what to look for when trying to find a new roofer or contractor. Here, BRAXCO discusses a few important things to consider when hiring a new company for the job.
When looking at a roofing company to hire, it’s important that you pick one that’s local to your area. This ensures that you are able to contact or reach them if you have a problem with your roof. Be aware that a lot of out-of-state companies come into towns after a big storm. They will undercut local roofing company prices, do a mediocre job, and be on to the next town. These companies tend to not care about local permits or codes. With that being said, a reliable local roofing company will know what local installation codes to follow, the paperwork required, and everything else they’ll need to ensure your roof is correctly installed and in compliance with your state’s requirements.
Are They Licensed, Bonded & Insured?
Every roofing contractor should be licensed, bonded, and insured. This protects you and ensures you that the job is done correctly. If the roofing company is not licensed, bonded, and insured in your state, you can run into many problems which can cost you time and money. To ensure that they are, simply ask for proof. If a local roofing contractor is licensed, bonded, and insured, they’ll be more than proud to show you that they have all the appropriate paperwork. For more information on paperwork refer to these things below:
- Licensed – Every contractor needs to register with the state’s board of licensing contractors. The price of the job will determine what license they’ll need. If your job is going to be over $3,000, then the contractor will need a home improvement license. If the job is $25,000 or more then they will be required to get a general contractor’s license.
- Bonded – A bond ensures that the job will always be completed no matter what. If the contracting company goes out of business, the bond will cover the homeowner. Being bonded means that a bonding company knows that a roofing contractor does business correctly and ethically. The bonding company puts up the bond because they know the contractor will do the job the right way.
- Insured – All contractors should be fully insured with general liability, workman’s comp, and a company vehicle insurance policy on all the vehicles. General liability insurance and workman’s comp limits depend on the size of the contractor’s jobs and the state they’re in. Be sure to ask and make sure your contractors are fully insured before beginning a job.
Asking roofers and contractors simple questions is an important step in hiring the right company. Here are a few basic questions to ask:
- What types of roofing do you install? (Shingle, Metal, etc.)
- Do you work with insurance companies to file claims?
- Do you have a current local license to work?
- What types of insurance coverage do you have?
- Do you have reliable references?
- Do you give free estimates?
- Is your work covered by a manufacturer warranty?
- Do you offer a free on-site inspection?
- How do you keep projects on schedule?
- When and how do you bill or invoice? Do you accept credit cards? Do you offer to finance?
Take time to read online reviews. A good way to know that you are hiring a trustworthy and reliable company is to read about other people’s experiences. Look at personal reviews on their Google My Business or social media recommendations. This can be a good indicator of the type of service you may receive. Be sure to read all of the reviews and decipher which reviews are genuine and not just family and friends.
Call BRAXCO Roofing Today
BRAXCO Roofing and Contracting is a family-owned business that prides itself in providing residential and commercial customers with the highest quality workmanship and the best products in the roofing industry. We proudly service the greater Rome area, including Alpharetta, Milton, Calhoun, Norcross and more. Give us a call today to schedule your FREE estimate!